Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Friday, June 13, 2014

Smarts

I feel I have the smarts today. I have been working pretty well since school let out, and it's taken about a month to regain the full measure of my intellectual capacity.

I say this simply because this would be a good time for you to suggest something to me or ask me a question. I'm no manic-depressive, but I am definitely manic today. I am manic enough to feel brilliant, which is obviously immodest of me.

1 comment:

Axldemic said...

Thanks for the reminder about the importance (or even just occurrence) of a "brain break" between the end of the semester and now. I've been fairly productive, but I never meet my own expectations. I feel that I, too, am right at the beginning of a whole new spurt of interesting work. (Being awake enough to write serious thoughts early on a Saturday morning is a relatively rare occurrence, so I'm starting off!)