Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Just, no

And I want to express my admiration for those who have been supporting Rebecca Tuvel as a person throughout the past week.  I want to apologize to her personally for any pain I caused by signing the open letter requesting retraction, especially given that I was a member of her dissertation committee.  I did not sign the letter lightly, and I do not consider the call for retraction a personal attack.
Just, no. This is why I should give up the Internet completely.  Yes, there is a person there, a person you attacked personally.  She won't apologize for signing the letter, but for "any pain I caused." The typical non-apology apology.  If you really apologize you have to say that what you did was wrong and that you shouldn't have done it, not just hedge your language endlessly.    

No comments: