Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, November 2, 2018

A DREAM of capital letters

In my dream I was writing poems, for my colleagues to finish or flesh out, in the form of short stanzas of all capital letters. I was staying at a house with them and overheard an argument between them that I didn't really want to hear, with sordid personal details that I won't repeat here.  The poems would be kind of like this:

AMONG LEAVES
TAMARIND REFUSAL
AMPERSAND RECALL

FLAILING CONCERTO
DERIVING MYSTIC SORTS
LET'S NOT

BUT THEN AGAIN
TWIGS AND LARGER STICKS
BONFIRE CONNOTATIONS

2 comments:

Leslie B. said...

I finally remembered a dream.

I am going on a trip and a student is going to take care of some things at the house. I show her where I hide the key and she says, laughing, "You didn't have to show me -- everyone knows about that."

Meaning?

Jonathan said...

You fear being too transparent in your motives to students and others around you? You hide the key but everyone knows where it is.

That's very simplistic, I know.