Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Reverie

I spend a lot of time in reverie. It doesn't seem to be work, like in school when you aren't paying attention to what you are supposed to be doing, as happened to me a lot. Yet reverie, or "daydreaming," is probably the most productive and creative state one can be in. It has a kind of stigma to it, but really I think most people with any kind of creativity at all must do it a lot. It isn't the kind of purposeful working through of ideas that I also do (when I am just sitting there and don't seem to be working at all), but a pleasant, drifting of the thoughts where the mind can go anywhere it wants to.  That is the only way to come up with ideas, right?  

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

It's essential and it isn't something I allow myself enough of. You have to go into reverie and also dream a lot.