Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How to Grade Graduate Papers (ii)

Another way I've graded papers is to accept them as email attachments and then use the track change and comment features of MSW. This is a fast method for me, although I have to stare at the screen for a long time. I insert comments and suggestion throughout the paper and then when I am done I can write the longer global comment with the grade very quickly. After I make all the local comments I know exactly what to say about the paper as a whole.

I work fast, but I am very detailed. My students were amazed once when I returned their papers two days later, but with very extensive comments.

No comments: