Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Peer Reviews

My friend and colleague thought that my idea of offering a peer review service was unique. Neither of us know of anyone else doing this.

Basically, what I do is write a peer review of your article as though I were doing it for a journal. You can get this critique before you send your article to a journal, and get (often) better and more extensive comments from me than you would get from a real peer reviewer, and possibly save some time by not having to wait 2-6 months only to be told your article is a revise-and-resubmit or an outright rejection.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

This is a unique and a really useful service. Journals send out detailed responses very rarely nowadays. Sometimes, you get a response that says just, "Unfortunately we will not be able to publish your article." This leaves one wondering whether the article is rejected because it's outright horrible or simply because the journal is planning a thematic issue where it simply doesn't fit.

It is VERY helpful to have an established scholar look at your article and tell you exactly what's wrong with it and what you could do to improve it.

I'm saying all this as someone who tried Jonathan's service and has found it to be extremely enlightening. I even went out to celebrate having found this FANTASTIC service.