Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dream

I dreamed that I was debating the relative merits of Keats and Frank O'Hara with a friend of mine, the poet KI. (I'm sure that the KI of my dream does not hold the opinions that he expressed in my dream, but no matter.) He argued for the vast superiority of Keats, and I made a quasi Harold Bloom type argument that of course, O'Hara had it much more difficult, because he was writing in a world in which Keats already existed.

My own argument does not even represent my own waking views, but no matter. I'm not sure I even believed what I was saying in the dream. I remember doubting whether what I was saying was really true. The discussion was quite heated.

No comments: