Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, January 9, 2015

10 Footnotes to Apocryphal Lorca (4): Theater

4. My biggest omission was Lorca's influence on American theater, and the influence of Lorca's theater in general. I had it in my head somehow that Lorca was not significant for American dramatists. This is obviously not the case, and I have a chapter in the new book which I am now completing on this very topic. This is a rather strange case of me missing something that should have been right in front of me. A disturbing lack of intellectual curiosity and tunnel vision. Once again I believe that the lesson to be drawn is one of humility.

I did look for theater influence by Lorca, but not hard enough. I was not as expert in American theater as I thought I was in American poetry.

No comments: