Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Lorca III (2)

So this is what I have so far.

Title: "Lorca par lui-même" [that's just a place-holder one until I get a better title. Obviously I won't have a French title for my book]

I. Introduction. I will explain that this is a book about Lorca, unlike my first two which were about his reception. My aim is to integrate the study of the poetry and the theater.

II. The persons of the verb: a study of enunciatory positions in Lorca's poetry and theater, his use of 1st person, 2nd person, and third person. Relation between poetry and theater. This will be about 15,000 words, a very long chapter.

III. Avant-garde Lorca. Here the idea is to look at Lorca as an avant-garde figure in both poetry and theater. 10,000 words.

IV. Lorca / Vallejo. Fractured subjectivity.

V. Lorca / Beckett. What does it mean that these are two of the most influential playwrights? etc...

That's all I got. By using the Lorca III tag I'll be able to track my progress (or lack of).

3 comments:

Professor Zero said...

It will be nice!

Anonymous said...

"What does it mean that these are two of the most influential playwrights? etc..."

- I would really love to find out. I'm not even remotely equipped to work out a position of my own but it would be very useful to find out yours.

Jonathan said...

I have my ideas. I'm not sure if I will have enough for a chapter on this, but I will pursue it.