Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Instrumental

In the Niedecker piece I decided I can also just play it as wordless song. So each section refers to a poem, with that as the title, and follows the rhythm of those words, but the piece is instrumental rather than vocal. In part because my singing is not yet where I want it to be.

***


.  

Things are often counterintuitive for me.  I approach things from the opposite direction as I should. I could give examples from both music and visual arts as well as life in general. For example, I played the piano as though it were typing on a computer keyboard, hitting keys in a particular order, until a teacher pointed out that  I should relax my wrist instead.

No comments: