Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Monday, March 7, 2011

12 Hour Days

I have one of those 12.5 hour days.

8: Do prep work for a committee I'm on. Correct proofs for book review.

9-11: Office hours and prepare class. meet with prospective students.

11-12:15. Class

12:15. Lunch with Graduate Student who wants to discuss Graduate Education with me. [Oops, better postpone that till Wed.]

12:30-2:30. Committee meeting.

2:30-3. Meet with prospective Graduate Students.

3-4:20. Graduate Course.

4:30-5:15: I'll be reading your comments, members of the writer's group.

5:30. Dinner with visiting poet, Rachel Blau DuPlessis.

7:30-8:30. Poetry reading.

I'm not complaining, because most days are not like that and, really, I love my job more than several aspects of my life not related to my job.

No comments: