Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vandalism

Some vandal broke into my computer and inserted some clumsy, inept prose into a document I had been working on. I know that I could not have written sentences that bad. Curiously, this person seemed to have had intimate access to my thoughts, since I recognize the ideas as my own. Maybe he thought he was doing me a favor by writing some rough notes for me to use later. "Menudo favor..."

7 comments:

Spanish prof said...

That is really creepy

Clarissa said...

Oh my God, I know this person too. He visits me quite often. :-)

Andrew Shields said...

Reminds me of a Greg Brown song, "I Don't Know That Guy," which he often introduces by saying it's about his "evil twin":

Who's this fellow in my shoes, making you cry?
I don't know that guy.

Dame Eleanor Hull said...

Hm. I used to find that some highly intelligent person had been using my computer and organizing my files, and leaving useful notes I could work from. Sadly, she hasn't been coming around so often anymore; I keep having to do everything myself.

Clarissa said...

I'd like to borrow the highly intelligent person for a while. Does anybody know where she is? :-)

Clarissa said...

I just reread my own comments and saw that the unintelligent person came out as a "he", while the intelligent, organized one as a "she." Huh.

Jonathan said...

I'm sure that's pure coincidence.