Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blurbs

I politely turned down a request for a blurb this morning. The book looked like it could have been somewhat interesting, but it was about the alterity of subalternity etc... It had a preface by the most pretentious and arrogant Latin Americanist I know. I guess I could have come up with few lines of insincere praise, "In brilliant and provocative fashion, X interrogates the construction of alterity in ... "

2 comments:

sptc said...

I'm not asking whether the preface is Idelber's -- just imagining ;-).

Jonathan said...

Not him, but you're thinking more or less along the correct path.