Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, June 3, 2011

It's About the Ideas

My research is mostly about the ideas, the arguments, and not the information. I see this as a weakness, sometimes, in that I am not doing a lot of archival discoveries. Isn't that cheating? Maybe that's why I have published so much. I was always rebelling against people who found wonderful stuff but didn't have anything to say about it.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

Ideas rule the world, while information is something very few people care about. You can place volumes of empirical evidence in front of people and they will disregard it happily for the sake of a well-expressed, nice-sounding idea.