Featured Post

I love theory

I mean music theory, here. It is funny that what goes by the name music theory would be, in literature, the equivalent of prosody and plot c...

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 8

On day 8 of my Seinfeld Chain I am seeing my project much more clearly. I can envision a completion date, even. I realize that if I continue to work more or less randomly on the seven chapters for the rest of the month of Feb. (and pretty much every day), then I will have a good base for each chapter to be completed in about month or a month and a half each. In March - December of 2012 I could finish two books, before I resume teaching in January '13. But only if I continue the chain method. March I would do Chapter 2 (the intro is chapter 1). I know I could do this because this is already one of the best developed chapters. April is my last full month of teaching, so after that I have May - December (summer plus sabbatical).

I also realized what my project Lorca: modelo para armar is really about: restoring Lorca to modern critical theory and, simultaneously, to the modern poetic tradition itself. Those two projects are joined at the hip, because I need modern theory in order to explain how he is a modern poet.

Of course, there is a basis is the previously existing Lorca criticism for my project, but I still think my book will be an extremely significant and influential one. I hope you will forgive me thinking this. It is not really me talking, it is the enthusiasm I have derived from the chain of continuous days working on the project.

No comments: