Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not Breaking the Chain

I have written for about a month using the method of the Seinfeld Chain. The end few days of January plus (by now) almost all of February. If I break the chain, that will be ok, because I can just start a new one. I can't say that I have written brilliantly for all 30 days, but I have maintained continuity. Compared to what I would have done without writing every day, I am quite satisfied. I have put myself in a position to write a chapter in March when I have spring break. After March, I only have April and part of May to teach, before NEXT JANUARY. (Unless I teach a summer class for some extra money, which I might do.) So I will be able to get a whole lot done since writing will be my full-time job for almost 9 months.

To review: the Seinfeld chain involves a calendar, and keeping track of how many days in a row you can write or do significant research on your project.

No comments: