Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Profacero

The blogger who goes by the name of Profacero had an insight today that I think is useful. Every kind of learning is like foreign language learning: it must be practiced in short, regular daily sessions. Feast and famine does not work for any subject, any kind of consistent learning.

3 comments:

Andrew Shields said...

A little bit of Basboll influence there, too? Profacero has recently discovered RSL.

profacero said...

No, only recently commented.

And yes I like his blog title but that is affinity and solidarity, not influence.

And part of the reason I hate professors and academics is their assumption that if women ever say anything lucid they are quoting a man.

Andrew Shields said...

Sorry, I misread how you put it in the comment. I thought you had just discovered RSL.

As for influence, perhaps I am projecting my gratitude to RSL (and SMT for that matter) for their influence on my own ideas.