Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, November 5, 2012

Working on Scholarly Base in Spain

I am back from Spain. Was stranded by Hurricane Sandy and returned a few days later than planned, missing the awards ceremony on Friday, for my major research award. I did not do archival research in Spain. I simply attended to my scholarly base, by seeing Spanish poets and scholars, buying recent books in my field (almost all primary texts), seeing some art exhibits, hearing Spanish spoken on the streets. I feel I should be in Spain at least two weeks a year simply because contemporary Spain is the object of my study. It was interesting to see how close Catalonia is to independence, yet still so far.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

This is the best kind of holiday I can imagine. Since I can't go to Spain right now, I am planning to do a short trip centered around my scholarly base maintenance when I go to a conference on Thursday.