Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Dilemma

Now I realize one of my problems is not being able to settle down on a set of songs to learn. Really, I should be singing "Moonlight in Vermont," "April in Paris," or "I'll Remember April." Maybe "We'll Be Together Again," or "Body and Soul." Or "Our Love Is Here to Stay." If I have too many songs, or switch too often, then I won't be able to sing any one song. I guess I'll give myself until New Year's to decide on the definitive list. I really also like "Begin the Beguine" and "Stomping at the Savoy.'

***

Stuck in the Denver airport. The flight has been delayed three hours, until 11:30. That will get me home and cozy in bed at 3 a.m. Still, I have worked on Lorca 3 days in a row, including today.

No comments: