!. Who is Jonathan's favorite director?
2. Who is Jonathan's favorite American poet?
a) Robert Duncan
b) Charles Olson
C) Frank O'Hara
3. What is his personal style?
a) Hipster + rumpled professor + aspiring dandy
b) White t-shirt + jeans + leather jacket
c) Brooks Brothers
4. What are Jonathan's beverages of choice?
a) Kool-aid, bottled water, Miller lite
b) Scotch, espresso, wine, beer, soda water
c) Coke, red bull, vodka, grapefruit juice
5. Who is his favorite painter?
6. Who is his favorite composer of 20th century?
7. What would you say to him if you met him in person?
a) You are nothing like I would have imagined.
b) You are exactly like I would have imagined.
c) Who the f++++ are you?
8. What poet would he despise the most?
a) Billy Collins
b) Mary Oliver
c) All of the above.
9. Does he prefer Hawkins or Young?
a) Both, depending on his mood
10. Does Jonathan wear hats?
11. What canonical modernist author does he most resemble (physically)
a) T.S. Eliot
B) Federico García Lorca
c) James Joyce
12. Who are his favorite literary theorists?
a) Burke, Bloom, Benjamin, Blanchot, Borges, Gadamer, Perloff, Wittgenstein, Lorca
b) Matt Damon, Robert Di Niro, Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson
c) Eliseo Vivas, Herbert Marcuse, Charlie Parker, Helen Vendler
13. What is his greatest fear?
a) Dying before he writes his next book
b) Meeting Scorsese and not knowing what to say
c) Nothing in particular; he is fearless
14. What movie is he watching right now?
b) The Departed
c) Los olvidados
15. If you met J. now, you would
a) Buy him a drink
b) Set him straight
c) Ignore him
16. What is his goal for 2013?
a) Learning to sing
b) Losing weight
c) Earning his black belt
17. What would you like Jonathan to post about on his blog?
a) The same as he's always done
b) Lorca, Lorca, and more Lorca
c) More posts like this one; keep surprising me
18. What best describes his overall approach?
a) Always historicize
b) Let me not to marriage of true minds / Admit impediment
c) Literature kicks your ass with its transformative power
19. How old his he?
20. Ask me a question...