Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, February 22, 2019

Last day of conference

There were three talks in the morning, of variable quality.  Spanish scholars seem to think the thing to do is to dump a lot of information on you as fast as possible, with little or no argument. The Italian scholar gave a pretty good talk, then we had some drinks at the Cervecería Italiana.  Leaving tomorrow at 11:30, should get home around 8:30 in the evening if all goes well.

***

Today people were arguing over the beefed up, completed version of the Comedia sin título we saw last night. I think anyone who thinks he can finish an incomplete work by Lorca, by making a pastiche from Lorca poems, should be punished (in the least violent way possible, of course).

***

I walked to Plaza mayor, bought a hat, went to Callao again and ran into a grad student from the conference in a bookstore. I showed him a copy of the Spanish translation of Spicer's After Lorca and explained to him what it was. He ended up buying the book. Then I walked all the way from there to the Resi, via Hortaleza, Genova, and the Castellana. It took a while to walk this far; it is 65 degree but feels about 70 to me.    

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

Ay. I heart Madrid and will die of nostalgia now.