Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, February 1, 2019

MK

Doing some de-cluttering.  It's something I have been wanting to do for a while, so the Marie Kondo craze is just a good pretext.  I've found about 70 books to unload, so far, between home and office. I found some dated queer theory books from the 90s and early 2000s.  Mostly I'm keeping primary texts and parts of collections or sets, getting rid of old textbooks and even some reference books, and some books I picked up on tables when other colleagues were giving them away as they left the university.

I went through most of my clothes too.  I had old navy polos I hadn't worn in seven years.

 I can do CDs after that. Then musical instruments.  

Please spare me the criticism. There are silly elements to the Marie Kondo tv show and I could only stand to watch a few episodes. I just like the basic concept of de-cluttering by categories.  That makes it more manageable than the idea of "cleaning the office," when the office itself contains books, cds, papers, instruments, and misc. Cleaning the two offices (home and campus) is not going to happen, but going through these categories will.  

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

I go through stuff to get rid of it often but need to get rid of more.

I am very tempted just to get rid of whole file drawers, handfuls of CDs, etc., without really looking at them. And all of Revista iberoamericana because it's available in PDF now. Not looking at individual items to remember why I kept them.