Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, February 25, 2019

IT

 I used the think the awe of simply being alive and aware of being alive was it.

(The reason for having poetry at all.)

Then I thought it was imaginative freedom:

The ability to strip away arbitrary labels and classifications

to see other possibilities in reality itself.

Now, I think this clarity of vision is it 

as the result of this freedom to imagine.

You might have a different idea of what it is.

Maybe the mystery of the push and pull of time.

Maybe for you there is no it at all!

The worst thing, though, would be for you to accept some definition of mine.

Then you will have missed the whole point of the exercise.

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

I act as though It were traveling and learning languages, but that is only because I believe the real It, being at the beach and going to the Sierra, were already available.

It is being grown up and having autonomy. It is reading and understanding what you read, and being able to explain it so you can mobilize very large groups and get them outfitted to theorize on their own and mobilize their own selves.

It might be playing in a band. But it *is* writing manifestos that you can explain.