Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, February 1, 2019

Ropes

I was walking across campus with my colleague, Stuart. My movement were guided by my consciousness of a set of invisible ropes, of varying thicknesses and tensions, stretching from my limbs diagonally to the sky. Being conscious of them made my movements fluid and unhurried. Some thinner one could break off with no adverse consequences. I thought of the word guys, as it appears in Robert Frost's poem "The Silken Tent." There was no constraint or limitation implied: the ropes did not control me. It was I who could guide my own movements gracefully according to my heightened consciousness of them.  

No comments: