Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Not Writing Is Hard

Not writing, being away from my research work for a medium-size stretch of time, is difficult, taking me away from the sources of my strength and self-confidence. I feel myself getting stupider and I forget what I am supposed to be doing. Why did I choose this job again? I have plenty of time to blog and take care of personal business and chat with colleagues, but the job seems oddly unrewarding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not writing is depressing. The depression comes from oppression, which comes from renouncing what you were interested in and came to do.

Anonymous said...

Not writing is depressing. The depression comes from oppression, which comes from renouncing what you were interested in and came to do.

Clarissa said...

I haven't been able to do anything research-related for a while, and this has put me into a very very vile mood. So I really identify with this post right now.