Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Wikipedia page?

I've noticed that some of my colleagues and friends at KU have wikipedia pages about them. Some of them are less distinguished than I am, or about the same; some, of course, are much more so. In short, it is fairly typical of someone to have an article on wikipedia as an academic, sometimes as just an Associate Professor with a single book at a Great Plains University. It's still a minority, but I am going to keep watching this.

I don't have one about me, and I'm certainly not going to write one about myself, though I imagine someone with a vested interest has to have taken the effort to write articles about relatively obscure academics like some of my colleagues. (There is only one from my own dept. and it is not necessarily who you would expect.) It seems clear that the "notability" criterion has become quite relaxed of late.

4 comments:

Vance Maverick said...

If you add yourself, I'll be able to learn whether the link with Cal Ripken was that you followed your father's career, or loved Ayn Rand, or possibly shared a birthday.

Jonathan said...

It is the birthday, same year, month, and day.

Vance Maverick said...

That's what I figured. How about the headgear? Tricorne? Tiara?

Jonathan said...

http://prosedoctor.blogspot.com/2012/02/offer-you-can-refuse-if-you-want.html