Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, May 1, 2023

Dream of flooded bathroom in hotel

 There was a hotel I was staying at. Somehow I had paid for three nights even though I only needed one. Trying to get into my room I noticed that the maid was still in there.  I waited a while. When I came in later, I went into the bathroom, and was up to my shins in water. I made sure the bathtub was draining, and then was using a plastic container to bail out water from the floor into the bathtub... 

5 comments:

Leslie B. said...

I had a vivid dream in the 90s I am still trying to interpret, and it is similar.

The offies in my department were apartments, and although we had places to live for real, a lot of us were fairly well living in the department, at least during the week.

It flooded. And the coffee machine would not put coffee into the pot, but sprayed it around, and the kitchen faucets didn't work right, either. In the dream, we were trying to contend with the situation.

For *my* dream, I think the water is everyone's ideas and creativity. The coffee seems associated particularly with me and notice--like all the water, it is not brewing or pouring correctly. There was also a dead body hanging in the shower, in a body bag, very heavy and we could not lift it out, even with two strong people, so we could not shower.
I think the body was my Vallejo book, that I did not want to write in the proposed form, and the shower, which was the only faucet functioning, was the project I actually wanted to do.

So *my* dream, at bottom, was about living at work and putting all your best energy in the wrong places, and it's something I still do. HMMMMMM.

Jonathan said...

I had another plumbing dream last night. Toilet overflowing with excrement on the floor. Plumbing dreams are not about plumbing.

Leslie B. said...

So I wonder what they *are* about?

I periodically have dreams about my teeth falling out and the stones falling out of my rings. This is apparently a common dream.

Jonathan said...

anxiety, frustration... disgust with self [for plumbing dreams]

Leslie B. said...

Disgust with self for plumbing dreams, hmmm... I will have to think about my plumbing dream, then