Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, January 18, 2018

LORCA IV

I discovered a document in my files called "musical Lorca" from 2014.  I also remember that I gave a talk on musical adaptations of Lorca's work a few years ago, at the comp lit conference in Seattle. So my fourth project on Lorca is not starting right now.  I guess I wasn't aware of the magnitude of the raw materials until now.

Plenty of people work on music with less musical expertise than I have, so I'm not worried about that.  The fact that I feel the need to even mention this is proof I am more conscientious than many are.  There is the possibility of making a mistake, but I could have some musicologists help me out if I get into "technical difficulties."


No comments: