Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Lorquianas

I got my book in the mail finally. Now I realize that I have been a Lorquista since 2006, when I began to write AL. Now having two books about him, and a third underway, I think I qualify as a Lorca guy by now.

***

I hadn't listened to Nuestro Flamenco for a while.  I looked yesterday, and the most recent interview was of Miguel Poveda about his Lorca record--just as I was about to write about this record.  I am listening to it right this moment. He doesn't say anything unexpected about his recording.

This record essentially justifies my entire project, but it came out after I had begun. If Poveda hadn't done a Lorca album he would have not helped me very much.

No comments: