Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Dream of ACLU

In this dream I was lying in bed and on the other side of the room Ira Glasser, retired director of the ACLU, was explaining something to someone. (I had seen this person on "60 Minutes" on Sunday so that explains the origins of the dream, I guess.)

Ira was talking about an attorney who was making a bad argument about something.  He said: "Once an attorney takes a client, I can tell with the first three words out of their mouth that they are being dishonest. Their beliefs become a crazy mixture of their former beliefs and what they need to say to represent the client." The context wasn't clear, but he had just interviewed someone, an attorney, who wasn't making sense.

Something like that. It wasn't the argument the Glasser was making on TV, which was that the ACLU should not air partisan political ads. Still, my point, which I channeled through him in my dream, has a certain intrinsic interest to it.  I'm going to have to think about it.

I wanted to go talk to him about it, but I was naked in bed so I couldn't do it. Of course, I actually was naked in bed, and staying in a hotel.  

No comments: