Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, June 24, 2019

Where Did the Day Go?

It might be useful to see where the day is going. How many academics' summers have simply faded away without anything to show for themselves?

8-9:  Got up, showered, coffee. Read a few pages of Norwegian Wood. A little piano. Kenko puzzle. Went to Beth's house to feed chickens and cat.

9-10: Re-joined the gym.  Meditation. Made breakfast; emptied and loaded dishwasher, ran it,

10-11: Writing. Wrote 420 words on an article!

11-12: Put a load of laundry in. Played piano.

12-14: Laundry in the drier. Gym. Second shower!  Sorted socks and put clothes away. Blogging.

14-15:30:  Reading at coffee shop. Finished Norwegian Wood.

4:30 : Picked up vegetables at store; other shopping.

19-20: Dinner. Watched a few movies.

Observations:

Gym takes two hours.
10 is relatively late to start work, but I only needed an hour.

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

I've been to Califas, Florida and Washington so far.

Califas: 1 week opulent elder care.
Florida: earned $1600 or so grading over 1000 exams on a question that must be kept confidential, but that was on a classic Spanish text I do not normally teach, but like.
Washington: Fought the AAUP and got a stomach ache. Agitation. Professional service.
Here (week 4+): worked on Lorca and other logistics. Worked on the Granados text.

My idea is that I can write an article in July. This should be about right but 3 week days have to go to something else so I had beeter start tomorrow if I want the equivalent of all week days. One hour, because I have other things to do. We'll see how I do with your method, since in this case research has been ongoing and writing should not be hard. I have to write two abstracts as well, which means a day goes to that, so I will take August 1 as my finish date and not July 31.