Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Covid hobbies

 I started zen shortly before Covid--not a Covid hobby, then, and not really a "hobby." My true hobby was birdwatching, which I started early in 2021. I kept with piano throughout, but played less when doing more birdwatching. Now I'm doing a bit more, and looking for a piano teacher again. 

 I'm taking my first out-of-town birdwatching trip tomorrow, to Great Bend Kansas and environs.  

I've started running again. I had some gout a year ago, and a little hip pain, but I have no excuses left. My starting time is 9:48 for one mile, and 12:50 a mile for two.  I got faster at crosswords. I abandoned all other puzzles but the "spelling bee." 

I went through a jaunt of reading Italian novels. My friend in the Italian dept. gave me some high brow ones, because I was reading Elena Ferrante, to his horror. 

I went in for comfort foods: lasagna, chili, gazpacho. My cooking did not improve, but stagnated a bit.  

I wrote short stories for the first time. 

No comments: