Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Kerouac

 Today I was listening in my car to my itunes library in alphabetical order. In due time, I heard myself reading choruses 91-101 99 (or thereabouts) of Mexico City Blues. I wasn't even concerned with the various imperfections of my own reading; this is just an amazing stretch of poems. One chorus carries through to another, and you probably shouldn't pause between them, even.  

It was an amazing 15 minutes. I hadn't remembered recording it, though I know I memorized one chorus of this section. 

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

OK, I'll read it. My whole family so disapproved of Kerouac as a person that I have not yet taken him seriously as a poet.