Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Sunday, December 6, 2009

SMT--The Book

This will eventually be a book called Stupid Motivational Tricks: Scholarly Writing and How to Get it Done. It will start with the idea of the "scholarship base" and go on from there, to deal with problems of starting and continuing, ending with questions of ending. I know there is a lot of material out there that is similar, but I think I have my own particular twist on things that could be useful.

4 comments:

E. M. Selinger said...

I'd read it. Heck, I'd probably even buy it. Finding this a Very Useful undertaking; am grateful to Mark Scroggins for linking over to it.

Andrew Shields said...

[May 2012: I decided to go back to the beginning of your blog while also doing the same with Research as a Second Language]

I think you've commented on this recently (sometime last year). What are your current plans for an SMT book?

Jonathan said...

I now think it might be a book called "Scholarship Rules."

Andrew Shields said...

That's a good title, very catchy, with many possible interpretations!