Featured Post

Dreams are Confused

Dreams are confused, yet men seek clarity there Oracles speak with twisted tongues; men trust them and do not despair From confusion--do...

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

More bad stuff

In another context, when I wasn't even looking for bad poetry, I came across a book with lines like this:

"At the dawn of sorrow,
I drop a tear
and sob."

Or

"I am one with the vast universe."

Published by a University Press!

I couldn't even write "At the dawn of sorrow" in a poem meant to be bad on purpose.

4 comments:

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

Oh god. This is why I hate poetry. Except Shakespeare, of course.

Jonathan said...

Well of course the immediate discourse was how snobby Jonathan was...

Leslie said...

Oh, please reveal the book.

Leslie said...

OK, I found it. And some people like it. Dayum.