Featured Post

Lilt: a theory of melody

A melody has to catch the ear. A lilt is an up and down movement that has to be asymmetrical or surprising in some way. It can go up, and ...

Friday, June 9, 2017

Something will not get done

I have the Lorca book under consideration, a third book on Lorca begun, and then like an idiot I had to start this new project on translation. This means that something will not get done this year.  I know I should first work on the revisions of the book that is actually finished, to get that out of the way.

Then, logically, I should finish Lorca III.  I shouldn't have started this other project. It would take two or three of me to do all these things, not to mention that I should also publish my poetry in book form, etc... and do a translation. I would collaborate and have other people help me do these things, except that collaborative work is more labor intensive, not less.  I guess in an ideal world I would have a research assistant.

No comments: