Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Plumly

Poetry Foundation: 

Poet Stanley Plumly was born in Barnesville, Ohio, and grew up in the lumber and farming regions of Virginia and Ohio. His father was a lumberjack and welder who died at age fifty-six of a heart attack linked to his alcoholism. 

Bialosky:

Stanley, Plumly, my poet-teacher, was born in Barnesville, OhioHis father was a lumberjack and and welder who died at age fifty-eight of alcoholism

Another probable source?  

***

Also, not a plagiarism, but really?  "Influenced by European poets like Lorca and Neruda..."  (p. 124).  

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

The European poet Neruda is really too much. I'm beginning to think that much of the book's writing farmed out to assistants.

Leslie B. said...

I am sure it was.