Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, August 13, 2021

Bare Knuckle

 On an off-market sports channel, devoted mostly to billiards and poker, I saw, the other night, some fights from Bare Knuckle Boxing. It seemed off from the beginning. Two fighters who had never won a fight, one of which who was reputedly "the worst boxer of all time." Another "world title fight" in which the challenger had never fought "bare knuckle" before, and led with his chin. The fights were all sone-sided and decided quickly, but the announcers were upbeat.  The combatants all seemed to be great friends with each other, almost apologetic when they were not kicking the shit out of each other. They all had great tattoos all over their legs and torsos. 

My thought: boxing gloves were invented for a good reason. 


No comments: