Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Dream of bicycle and music lessons

I was riding a smallish bike very fast and easily through the streets of my home town. I had been to my piano lesson and was heading toward my voice lesson, but then I realized I had to turn around and go the other direction, North rather than South. I also realized I had left my music book at the piano lesson so I wouldn't be able to practice for a week. 

The bicycle was technically too small for me, but still comfortable; I had to pedal very fast, but there was no sense of effort.  It was dark, and there was no other traffic on the streets. 

***

Literally, of course, there was no exertion in riding this bike, since I was lying in bed dreaming. Certain things have no reality in a dream: I cannot taste food, nor do I feel pain when beaten up in a dream. Yet other things are real, like the engagement of the sense of sight, or arousal, or the psychological reality of dread or wish fulfillment.    


No comments: