Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Acting White

 Someone on the department's DEAI survey wrote that people in our department "act white." This was defined as being friendly and professional, and then back-stabbing. Of course, I'm going to act white, because I don't have much choice in the matter, aside from pretending to be someone I'm not, or being unfriendly / unprofessional on purpose.  Of course, the survey is going to increase, rather than decrease divisions.  Of course, we are a crew of prickly people, as I am too, I am sure.  

2 comments:

Leslie B. said...

Being friendly and professional, then back-stabbing, is Southern, and also Hispanic.

Jonathan said...

We have Hispanics, maybe a southerner too, midwesterners. Anyone could do that.