Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Fetish

 I  bought a CD on the Gran Vía of Granada because it was recorded on Lorca's guitar. Luckily, it was on my carry-on luggage, since Iberia lost my suitcase on the way back. !!%#@#!  I don't know who the worse fetishist is, me for buying it, or the guitar player, Samuel Diz, who recorded it. Everyone who goes through Lorca's house, Huerta de san Vicente, like Bob Dylan, etc... gets to play it (if you are famous, I guess).

 Seriously, the album is dedicated to María Teresa León and is pretty cool.  

The fetishism, though, to know every house Lorca lived in, worship his guitar and piano, is something key to Lorca studies. I spent the mornings in Granada in the Lorca library, spent 4 evenings attending concerts featuring Lorca's poetry, and parts of weekends visiting Lorca shrines, the places where he was imprisoned and killed, his houses in Valderrama and Fuente Vaqueros, iconic sites in Granada itself.  At night I dreamed of Lorca too, how could I not?  

No comments: