Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, August 29, 2022

You're boring

 I saw a video where they asked some tennis players what the most interesting thing about them was. These were the top people, like Nadal.  They couldn't come up with anything. It's because they are famous for one thing, being able to to hit a tennis ball with a tennis racket, and I guess running to get to the next ball they have to hit. Without that, you wouldn't know who they are in the first place. They aren't interesting; they didn't go to college, or if they did, they went to play tennis. Their outside interests aren't likely to be very well developed either. 

Maybe being interesting, then, is a bit overrated.  That single-minded passion of hitting a ball with a stick or club might be enough.  The other stuff, even if interesting, seems like a self-indulgence.  

No comments: