Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Fascist literature

 I never really got the vogue for study Spanish Fascist literature.  I suppose everything must be studied, but the idea that we have to give the Fascist authors their due... well, they usually aren't very good, anyway. None of them is in the top 100 Spanish writers of the 20th century. Plus, they are Fascists. It seems perverse. Most writers are mediocre, of any political persuasion, so let's not give extra credit for being Fascist.   

***

I had to read part of my own book, for research.  I am pretty good. I normally wouldn't read me, but I have to, now, and I agree with this Mayhew fellow. I am pretty funny, too. I found a part where I find a particularly banal poem in an anthology, and I let him hang himself with his own banality.  

1 comment:

Thomas Basbøll said...

"Most writers are mediocre, of any political persuasion, so let's not give extra credit for being Fascist."

That's a Mayhewianism.