Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Clean Copy

I've decided to make an adjustment in how I work. I've had the lazy habit of writing a lot of rough notes in microsoft word documents. My new approach is going to be to write only complete sentences and keep each document more or less "clean." I dislike going back to something I've been working on and finding a lot of messy notes that I will just have to throw out anyway. It makes it harder to go back to a document, because of the fear of the mess I might find.

I don't know if this change will be permanent or not. The point here is not that one way is better than another, or that you have to work as I do, but that it is good to reevaluate work habits that aren't "working" for you, making large and small adjustments as needed.

No comments: