Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Underestimating Myself

Ego adjustments have to go in both directions. Being too arrogant is a flaw, but I've found that I also tend to underestimate my accomplishments. I might look at someone's cv, for example, and see it as wholly respectable, even though mine is three times more impressive. In other words, if I just look at my cv as though it were someone else's, I am really impressed by myself. Looking from inside my own head, however, I am not all that impressed. In real life I'm just a schmuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed that people who tend to do well in my field tend to have a lot of moxy, regardless of the actual contents of their cvs.

If you've got the cv, then fake the moxy.

Though man, I wish when I looked at other people's cvs that I felt mine were 3x as impressive. Obviously I need to work harder.