Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Run

During a jog a few weeks before my vacation, I realized what the connection was between two chapters, "Lorca's Duende" and "Musical Lorca." I wasn't even intending on working on this problem during my run. The solution just came to me: I can locate performances / musical settings of Lorca in the concentric circles of particularity / universality that I discuss in the previous chapter. Of course, it seems obvious when I say it like this, but the idea had not occurred to me before. All of a sudden I realize why the 'Musical Lorca" chapter *works* in the context of the book--rather than being simply a descriptive survey.

No comments: