Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Run

During a jog a few weeks before my vacation, I realized what the connection was between two chapters, "Lorca's Duende" and "Musical Lorca." I wasn't even intending on working on this problem during my run. The solution just came to me: I can locate performances / musical settings of Lorca in the concentric circles of particularity / universality that I discuss in the previous chapter. Of course, it seems obvious when I say it like this, but the idea had not occurred to me before. All of a sudden I realize why the 'Musical Lorca" chapter *works* in the context of the book--rather than being simply a descriptive survey.

No comments: