Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cada loco con su tema

When I was writing my chapter on the verse paragraph last fall, that's all I was interested in. I was obsessed with prosody. When I was looking at materials for my chapter on the aphorism, I became an aphorism nut. I bought books on it, wrote many boring blog posts about this genre. It seemed, all of a sudden, that I had been obsessed with this my whole life. I remembered papers I had written as an undergraduate that my memory had let slip away. I have also had obsessive interests in translation theory, in jazz drumming, and many other things.

Cada loco con su tema is a Spanish proverb that means, more or less, that every crazy guy has his obsession, or that that obsessed people seem crazy. I have more than one "tema."

No comments: