Featured Post

Anxious gatekeeping

Analogous to nervous cluelessness is something we might call “anxious gatekeeping.”   This is desire to police the borders of poetry, or of...

Monday, May 9, 2011

Notes

If I write on one of my blogs, then these notes have to be at least comprehensible to someone else. I have to use complete sentences. Or at least coherent sentence fragments. When I open up a Word document and start to type, however, I often do not follow this rule of coherence and clarity. The blogs, then, have helped me to develop the ability to write spontaneously, rapidly, with some degree of lucidity. I even revise blog posts as a courtesy to my readers and not to embarrass myself. Really, though, I am helping myself by expressing my ideas with a minimal degree of competence. When I develop the capacity to do this when nobody else is going to see what I write, I will be doing myself a huge favor.

1 comment:

profacero said...

This is exactly why I started my blogs.