Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, January 7, 2013

Prosody

I had a section with the title "Strayhorn's Lorca." Then I changed it to "Billy Strayhorn's Lorca." I guess I didn't trust my readers to know Strayhorn. Then, the next day, I realized that the first title had much better prosody, so I changed it back. Three trochees in a row sound awful, but two have a nice feel. Yes, it is hard work to be me. It takes me 24 hours a day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK look. I have the goods on the question of the hours. One of our endowed chairs has been arrested! For activities which are in fact neither academic nor para-academic nor correctly cultural. Activities which surely cannot be counted as part of the 100, or the 80, or even the 60 hours!!!