Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Fruits, vegetables...

A breakfast salad could have vegetables such as leafy greens and tomatoes, fruits like berries, nuts, olives, cheese, egg, yoghurt.  I don't conceive it as an askesis, but as a pleasurable experience with a strong aesthetic dimension, not only in taste but in the plating. You can't just throw some ranch dressing on iceberg lettuce and prefab bacon bits.

Fruit salads also qualify.

You don't want to overcrowd the plate, so keep ingredients to a choice few. Once salad becomes a chore to eat it loses its appeal. My salads are quite small.

Breakfast salads can be vegan, vegetarian, or full-on meatatarian.

Another advantage is that then you don't have to have salad for dinner: that frees up dinner for gazpacho or cooked vegetables.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

I always overcrowd. This is my big mistake. I really loved the photo you posted today. The minimalism made it look appealing.